Enterprise Architect is sold as a licensed product according to the terms and conditions of the EULA. Purchasing a license makes you a registered user for 12 months, which entitles you to:
- Download and activate the current, full version of Enterprise Architect.
- Access free updates and new builds for a period of 12 months.
- Access Sparx Systems' email support services for 12 months.
- Access the registered users area and any associated resources for 12 months.
See further details of subscription benefits below.
Important: At the end of the initial free maintenance period, you can continue to use
the latest build of Enterprise Architect that you have downloaded -OR- renew your maintenance agreement
(see below) for a further 12 months of access to new builds, upgrades and support.
When you purchase Enterprise Architect you are entitled to the following benefits for 12 months:
- Access to the Sparx Systems email support service
- Access to the registered users section of the Sparx Systems website, from where you can obtain:
- The current full version of Enterprise Architect - including major and minor releases
- User security key to enable security (Corporate edition or higher)
- Selected previous versions of Enterprise Architect
- Priority support for registered users
- Priority bug reporting for registered users
- MSI installers
- Additional spell checker dictionaries for Non-English languages
- Enterprise Architect helpfiles
- Download access for Cloud Services (Corporate edition or higher)
- Download access for Keystore Service (Floating license editions only)
If you purchase an Enterprise Architect license, at the end of the 12 months you have the option to renew your subscription for a further year to continue receiving subscription benefits. If you decide to renew, you must renew each of the expired licenses you intend to update, at the renewal rate for edition type you hold.
If your subscription is current: At the beginning of the month your license expires you will be emailed a renewal notice which includes purchase links. This will be sent to the email address we have as current, so if you have changed your email address since you registered, please let us know using our update email address form.
If your subscription has expired: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for renewal purchase links. To avoid delays, please include your registration key, order number, or the email address you registered with.
Current Enterprise Architect renewal rates are as follows:
|Professional Edition - Floating
|Corporate Edition - Floating
|Unified Edition - Floating
|Ultimate Edition - Floating
Notes on Renewing
- Once you have purchased Enterprise Architect, if your subscription lapses, you can reinstate it (within a 2 year period) just by paying the renewal fee for the license type you hold. This will entitle you to download the latest version of Enterprise Architect.
- Renewal will only cover the number and type of licenses originally purchased. Any additional licenses must be purchased at the standard price for the edition required.
- If you choose not to renew, you can continue to use your current version of Enterprise Architect, you just won't be able to update it unless you renew.
- If you choose not to renew, you will lose access to the downloadable version of Enterprise Architect from the Sparx website. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you make a back up copy of the Enterprise Architect installation file, so that you can reinstall it at any time in the future.
There are 8 different licenses of Enterprise Architect available, 2 for each edition, a standard and a floating.
If you have a current subscription you can upgrade to a more feature rich edition of Enterprise Architect by purchasing an edition upgrade.
A comparison of Enterprise Architect Editions is available to explain the differences between the editions.
- Upgrading your license does not extend your subscription period.
- Future renewals will be calculated at the new edition's rate.
Enterprise Architect is available to students and educational institutions at special discounted rates.
For academic/educational license details visit our Academic Pricing page.
Purchase Enterprise Architect